What to expect
Here is a video to walk through what to expect when we return to worship!
Brothers and Sisters in Christ after meeting with our Elders we've decided to resume in-person worship starting June 14! Our first communion service will be June 21. We know many of you are excited to return as soon as possible, and also know some of you will choose not to return immediately, both approaches are good!
Here are some plans we've set in place to help our worship services to be as faithful as possible and also keep the health of our congregation as a priority.
- We'll ask everyone to use the Narthex doors to enter (the glass double doors).
- Upon entering there will be tables providing hand sanitizer, masks, (if you don't have your own), and (eventually) bulletins.
- There should be ushers with masks holding the doors and welcoming you.
- Please bring your own mask if you have one, there will be a limited supply of disposable masks available.
- We're asking that you please wear your mask at least until you are seated for the service.
- We will only use every other pew to maintain social distancing.
- Please only have members of your household in the same pew.
- The first people to arrive should sit in the front, and we will fill in the pews as we go.
- There will not be seating in the "wing" at this time.
- We will not be sharing any items, including hymnals, attendance books, or offering plates.
- The ushers will take attendance as best they can.
- We will try to use the projector screen for liturgy, music, videos, etc.
- We will be limiting singing and responsive readings, especially at first. I know this will be hard for many as singing and congregation participation is a big part of our worship gatherings. We will utilize recorded singing and live soloists as possible.
Sacrament of the Altar
- We will have our first Communion Service on June 21 and make any necessary changes from what we learn on June 14. Thank you for your patience, I know you are eager to receive the Sacrament.
- I will outline our Communion procedure in more detail once that is finalized
- Our current plans include no Common Cup to begin with, and no tables for Communion, instead, it will be in a continuous method, probably dismissed by household/pew.
- After worship we will be dismissing the people seated in the back of the sanctuary first, and ask to please exit out the main Sanctuary doors (double white).
- Please put your mask back on before exiting.
- There will be another table with sanitizer and a spot to leave an offering as you exit.
- Online worship will continue on our Facebook page.
- If you are sick, we ask that you please stay home and join our worship online.
- Please limit your usage of the building to just the Sanctuary.
- The upstairs bathrooms will be available, but it would be best to only use them if absolutely necessary.
- Please bring your own water if you need a drink with you.
- Please refrain from shaking hands, hugging, etc.
- If you would like to talk with other people, please do so outside after worship.
- The elevator will not be available at this time.
- We will not have coffee or snacks at this time.
- We will not have Sunday School or Adult Bible Class yet, either.
- Given the size of our Sanctuary, the CDC guidelines, and our average attendance, we believe we can accommodate everyone who desires to worship in person in one service as we usually do.
- If you have specific questions please e-mail pastor.